Update 1.61 brings a lot of bugfixes (over 200), one of the most “fixing” patch ever. Lets see, what developers brought to us…
- New Player Quest System
- New players will now receive a string of quests guiding them through some of the game’s major features.
- Players who have already completed Chapter 8 of Story Mode are not affected by this change.
- Some of the early daily starting quests have changed.
- The friends limit has been increased.
- Miscellaneous chat improvements.
- Questgiver Guidance UI
- New UI element introduced to help remind players of active quests.
- If a quest can only be completed in a single game mode (for example “Win 3 games in play mode), the guidance UI will appear over that mode.
- If a player has a quest for a particular class, the guidance UI will appear over that class in Arena selections.
- Story Mode Reward Messaging
- Players now see a preview of which rewards they will receive upon completion of the last game of an act in Story Mode.
- Soul Gem Tutorial
- This tutorial has been revised due to its interaction with the New Player Quest system.
- Mousing over a deck tile reveals the new Deck Info button, which allows deleting, renaming, and copying decks from the Collection screen.
- The Magicka Costs chart now displays counts for cards by attribute and number of prophecies in the deck.
- When this update is live, the following cards can be Soul Trapped for their full value until February 8:
Ungolim the Listener, Dark Rift, Gladiator Arena, Black Worm Necromancer, and Shrieking Harpy. Ungolim the Listenerchanging from 2/1 to 1/1.
- Ungolim’s power level has always been very high with his “shuffle strong creatures into your deck” mechanic. To keep future design space open, we’ve reduced his power by 1, without affecting his defining ability of drawing Brotherhood Assassins.
Dark Riftchanging from 2 cost to 3 cost.
- Increasing the cost by 1 improves both the strategic depth of Dark Rift and the counterplay against it as Belligerent Giant now has a better chance of closing the Rift on time.
Gladiator Arenachanging from 3 cost to 4 cost.
- We’ve found Gladiator Arena to be too efficient at putting constant pressure on opponents these last two seasons.
Black Worm Necromancerchanging from 5 cost to 6 cost.
- Creatures that have bonus abilities based on whether you’re ahead on life have the potential to lead to snowbally games. This change to Black Worm Necromancer helps balance attack incentives with comeback potential.
Shrieking Harpychanges from 2/2 to 2/1.
- In most ways, Shrieking Harpy is a great card that is healthy for the game. However, its ubiquity is somewhat more than we’d like to see. We expect this change to push Intelligence decks toward more variety.
Dagi-raht Mysticchanging from 4/4 to 4/5.
- Voted Most Fun Card that Always Dies to Lightning Bolt, this change to Dagi-raht Mystic will better “support” decks that want to build around him.
Reive, Blademasterchanging from 2/5 to 3/5.
- It’s embarrassing for someone named The Blademaster to get Executed so often. The man who killed Tyr 50% of the time is now hoping to increase that record against your opponents.
All updates are already reflected in our cards database, so you can start building decks using updated cards.